ACTIZEN Activity 4
The ACTIZEN Chain Challenge
Type of Activity – In Classroom Activity
Competition – The ACTIZEN Chain Challenge
The core of the Indian Constitution is held together by the two immovable pillars of Fundamental Rights and Fundamental Duties. The duties imply a moral obligation upon the citizen to uphold the spirit of democracy and contribute to the country’s progress.
In this activity, we invite our students to take part in The ACTIZEN Chain Challenge.
- Students will get the first-hand experience in the process of becoming engaged citizens.
- They will get to work in groups and perform tasks to understand their fundamental duties better.
- By performing group tasks they will learn elements of strategy creation, outreach, communication design, and public speaking.
Note for the Teacher on Steps for the Activity
- As a school, select one theme from the ones mentioned below and invite students to perform the tasks listed under that theme within 15 days. Theme options: Waste Management, Digital Citizenship, Education, Environment Conservation and Gender Equality
- Students can engage in the tasks at home and invite others to do the same through a live online chat/session. To invite people to join the session, students can use WhatsApp, Facebook, email, phone call, personal invitation, etc.
- Students need to upload a 1-minute video with their reflection sheet about what they did and learnt.
- During the Online session they need to click a picture with holding hands like a chain and upload the same(Please refer to a Human Chain Picture Collage at https://bit.ly/Human-Chain).
- The school needs to compile all students’ ACTIZEN Chain Picture Collages and upload the compiled Collage on our webpage.
During the online session, students are requested to start with the following: I am from . As part of Desh Apnayen Foundation’s ACTIZEN Chain Challenge, here is what I am doing.
If the students did not conduct the awareness session with others but did the activity at their home, they can send only their picture to the teacher.
The ACTIZEN Chain Challenge Tasks for Students
- Practice the segregation of wet and dry waste at home daily.
- Conduct an online session on Zoom, WhatsApp Video Call, Google Hangouts, Microsoft Teams, Skype or any other platform to encourage friends/neighbours/relatives to segregate waste or to discuss any topic related to waste management – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Composting, etc.
- Make a live online presentation to as many people as you can on the need to vote and how to register to vote. You can also discuss with them issues related to civic engagement.
- Give a demo session on digital literacy to senior citizens at your home. You can also conduct a live online session for your neighbours and others on one or more of these topics – how to browse the internet, shop online, listen to music, chat on WhatsApp, etc.
- You may also include people in the younger age group who are not tech-savvy in the online session.
- Plant a sapling at home using a bottle/Do-It-Yourself (DIY) planting method.
- Teach others about the DIY method of sapling plantation and the sapling care process through a live online session.
- Identify one or two household tasks that are stereotypical to the opposite gender at your home and do the task(s) for at least 5 days.
- Encourage your friends and acquaintances to break free from gender role expectations or have a discussion on the topic during a live online session.
The top 3 schools will be selected on the basis of the number of people involved in the activity done by the students (the 3 longest ACTIZEN Chains) and will receive a Trophy and online recognition.
The student with the best ideas and execution of the activity will also receive online recognition.
All participating students will receive a certificate.
Submission form for Teachers
Teachers need to log in to access this Feedback
Students were made aware of the concept that unity is strength and how the environment can be saved from destruction by working together towards its conservation.
Students should made aware towards the importance of environment and conservation. They should also aware about the importance of ozone layer and work to to save the mother earth by planting the trees.