Theme : Independence and Interdependence
Type of activity : School Level Activities
Choose 1 Country from the following list:
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
Task – Compare the chosen country’s journey with India’s journey after its independence. Begin with the year in which both India and the chosen country became independent, compare their journeys till date.
Choose parameters for comparison from the following list:
- Legal system
- Freedom of the press
- Quality of life
Task – Compare India with the chosen country on 1 or 2 parameters
Dream for a glorious India
Task – Now envision an India of your dreams. What would you want for India? How would you want India to fare in the future? What kind of improvement or progress would you want for India? Set a vision for a glorious India.
Be an ACTIZEN
Task – Talk about all that you would do to achieve that glorious India by being ACTIZENs – Alert, Informed and Active Citizens.
Top 10 tips for the Presentation
- Keep your presentation short and simple: Your presentation should purely be created to guide you. Keep it under 10 slides. Do not fill it with walls of texts. We would like to hear more from ‘you’ than from your presentation material. See to it that your presentation does not replace you. In case you plan to use any other form of presentation like a video, a skit etc., do remember that you will not get any extra time for that and the time will come out of your talk/presentation time.
- Strictly do not exceed the 5-minute time limit allotted to you: Please do not ask us for extension of time. It would be unfair to the other participants who follow the time limits.
- Connect with the audience: We know that it is an online competition. Though you might not be able to see all those who are watching you, the audience will still be watching all that you say and do. So do connect with your audience with your smile, by keeping your video on, dressing for the competition and with your confidence.
- Concentrate on the key message: With so much information available, there would be a lot to talk on. Ensure that you do not deviate from the main points.
- Make a solid start: You could begin with an example, a story, some data, some experience, some case studies. Choose that effective line that would capture the audience’s attention right at the beginning and keep them interested till the end.
- Tell a story: Let your whole presentation move and transit smoothly like a lovely story.
- Relax, breathe: Talk to your audience, smile, breathe and do not hurry to finish. Stay relaxed and you will just flow through those 5 minutes.
- Moving from one team member to another: We will be announcing the team members. You do not have to make an introduction every time a team member starts or takes over from the other.
- The judge might ask you questions at the end: This question could be to check your understanding and your involvement in the presentation. Choose 1 team member in advance to answer the questions.
- Most importantly: Prepare well. Be passionate. Do not rote learn. We do care the most for the final part – How would you achieve the vision of a glorious India as ACTIZENs – Alert, Informed and Active Citizens.
Wish you all the very best!
For any further questions, feel free to call us on 9920299323
Some more information
- The Zonal Rounds will be held on 10th and 11th August 2020 from 2PM to 4 PM
- We will share with you your slot, your log in details, and the correct way to key in your name
- Log in well in advance and stay alert for your turn
- Share your presentations with us in advance
- Start when and stop when you are asked to
- The judge’s decision is final and please accept it