Prepare a service/volunteering calendar for available time slots for the next 7 to 10 days after the activity orientation. Select any 3 to 5 tasks from the given list and add them to your calendar. The purpose of these activities is to make service/volunteering contagious, and to encourage students to actively participate, and spread the message of the importance of service in a society. Students can dedicate a minimum of 30 minutes (no restrictions on the outer limit; the more the service, the merrier it gets) to any 3-5 of the following activities/services. They can also choose to conduct only 1 activity for 1 week as well. These activities have been listed down as a guide. Students can feel free to choose any activity that they feel aligns with service to society.
- Repair a broken window/door, if any, in your home under the guidance of parents.
- Fix a leaking tap, if any, in the house. (Be careful with the plumbing tools.)
- Clean your own room and bookshelf.
- Help with household tasks – cooking/washing clothes/washing utensils etc. for a day.
- Help your parents with making a budget for household expenses.
- Decorate your home using your creativity (You can use origami.)
- Read a storybook to your siblings and help them read books as well.
- Help your grandparents install the DigiLocker App and download their documents.
- Conduct a power audit of your home and keep the switches off while not in use to save energy for 5 days.
Immediate Outdoor Activities-
- Restore the garden or take care of the plants for 1 day. Clean/wash your bicycle/2 wheeler/4 wheeler with your parents.
- Collect e-waste from your home and send it for recycling.
- Set up a bird feeder in your garden area and maintain it.
- Donate old clothes, books, stationery, toys to children in need.
- Click some pictures showcasing civic problems in your area and spread awareness through social media.
- Identify a civic hero in your area (related to water, cleaning, social services, etc.) and write a story on ‘how this individual helped society’. Post this story on a social media page (if you use social media) and spread the message of good work.
- Participate in cleaning drives in the society after festivities.
- Help your teachers in planning their online sessions beyond school.
- Volunteer for any school cleaning drive.
- Ask your teachers/principals if they need any volunteers for school activities.
Click ‘before and after’ pictures wherever possible or shoot a 1-minute video of each activity that you volunteer for and upload the same along with the Reflection Sheet.
Orientation Session Details
Date: 14 October 2021 | 2 pm to 3 pm
After attending this session, you can fill nomination form given below to participate in the event.