Theme – The Judicial System
Education has always been a powerful agency in any society. It is considered as an indispensable instrument for bringing positive change in the social, political, economic and cultural life of people. The whole process is shaped by many important agents, and the teacher is the most significant amongst all of them. In fact, research shows that, among school-related factors, teachers play the most critical role in student achievement, but what after the good teaching sessions? Are students learning new concepts? Are they able to solve problems of real world? Are they motivated enough now to go out and do something about the problems they see around them?
Exploring these questions is part of assessments of students’ learning and it is very important for teachers to know how they are shaping their students for life.
This academic year, we at Desh Apnayen started the activity calendar with 3 activities based on Citizenship-related themes and 1 monthly contest and challenge to help our teachers assess their students’ knowledge, problem-solving attitude and actions they take in certain situations.
This July Week 4 activity will help students to –
- Assess their own knowledge and skills by participating in the contest.
- Think and analyse situations critically to achieve desired results
- Involve their friends and family members in the activity and spread the knowledge they gained through the activity.
- Explain the activity to the students in brief.
- Share the webpage link (www.bit.ly/JulyMonthActivities) with the students and ask them to attempt the first section - The Contest of the Month - in the classroom. Click on the submit button to register their responses. Ask them to click on the next section – The Challenge of the Month, read the instructions carefully, understand the activity steps, and ask questions, if required.
- Conduct the activity in the given time frame and submit their entries by 15th August 2021.