February Activity – Government Schemes
India has a governance model in which the state plays a significant role in the preservation and promotion of its residents’ economic and social well-being. The Indian Constitution Article 46 states that “The State shall promote, with special care, the education and economic interests of the weaker sections of the people”.
India is committed to the welfare and development of the people. The Indian Government launched a lot of schemes for the welfare of the people. In fact, each union budget sets aside an impressive amount of funds for various social welfare schemes.
Generally, the meaning of a scheme is a plan, design, or program of action involving many people which is formulated by the government. The different Ministries of the Government of India have launched various government programmes known as schemes or Yojana.
In today’s session we are going to know more about such government schemes that can be beneficial for the students in Goa.
- Help students know about various Govt. Schemes in Goa.
- Skills learnt – Listening Skill, Collaboration and Time management.
|S. No.||Session Details||Estimated Time Required|
|1||Kindly follow, Step 1 to Step 4
Reflection sheet and Feedback form
Prints of the handouts for quiz, Note pad, Pen.
STEPS OF THE ACTIVITY
Main Activity Day
Step 1: Introduction
Tell the students that various schemes are launched by the Indian government for the economic and social development of all the children of the country. These schemes aim to cover both rural and urban areas of India for benefit of the students.
Some schemes help in availing free education, loans at a minimum rate of interest for higher education, obtaining insurance, availing health benefits, some of the schemes concentrate on development and empowerment of female students etc.
Let us learn today, about 2 government schemes that are beneficial to the students and how; in a fun filled way.
Step 2: The Quiz!
- To begin with the activity the teacher divides the students into 4 groups - A, B, C and D. The teacher will then distribute the Quiz handouts to the groups.
- There are 2 schemes handouts for the activity.
- Samgra Shiksha
- Ayushman Bharat
- Group A & B will prepare on Scheme 1 & Group C & D will work on Scheme 2.
- For Scheme 1 -- One group A will prepare to answer the questions & other group B will prepare Quiz questions to be asked to. Similarly for Scheme 2 - Group C will prepare to answer questions & Group D will prepare Quiz questions.
- Give 10-15 mins preparation time to each group.
- After 15 minutes, Start with round 1. Group B will ask questions and Group A will answer & Group D will ask questions and Group C will answer.
- Each Group will get 1 min to answer the question. Teacher is requested to monitor time.
- Teacher can have 3-5 rounds for the quiz according to the time availability.
Read and explain the Rules for the Quiz-
- 10 points for each correct answer to the team answering.
- No negative marking.
- When question is asked, the person asking the question will randomly point out and select one person to answer.
- No hints or clues from other team members.
- If they are unable to answer, the team which has asked the question will get chance to answer. Person can be selected randomly by teacher/student for this. They will get 10 marks for correct answer.
- Arrange for a scorekeeper if possible or Spoc teacher only will do the needful. Teacher to ensure no repeat participation of students to answer in quiz.
Steps to play the game.
- Make sure that the 4 teams are ready. You can name them e.g., Team-A, Team-B, Team-C & Team-D
- Representative from each team to play round One. Repeat the rounds with other team members and with other questions to make it more participatory.
- Instruct them to answer only after listening to the statements/questions.
- After 3-5 rounds of Quizzing, the scorekeeper will declare the result.
Step 3: Debrief and Homework:
Debrief the activity with questions like-
Teachers are requested to do a debrief session with all students to try and understand-
- How was your experience of the Quiz?
- Why are these schemes launched by the government?
- How do you think knowing about various government schemes has helped you to become an alert and informed citizen?
- How can this government schemes activity be useful to you and people around you/parents?
Students can visit the local government office or website to find about more about such schemes. Empower a person socially and financially by informing them about these schemes.
Step 4: Reflection Sheets & Feedback Form
Teachers to kindly fill in the feedback form and remind students also to fill up the reflection sheets.